If you’re considering laser hair removal, you must know what you’re getting into. Laser hair removal is an effective treatment for removing unwanted body hair. It can be a great way to permanently reduce the appearance of facial or body acne scars and tattoos.
However, as with other cosmetic procedures, there are risks involved with laser hair removal if not performed by an experienced doctor and clinic.
Tips to Follow
If you’ve been thinking about getting this procedure done but are worried about what exactly it entails, here are some tips that will help clear up any confusion:
It’s crucial to select a reputable doctor and clinic.
Here are some things to look for:
- Look for a doctor that is certified in laser hair removal.
- Find out if the doctor has experience with your skin type, hair color, and growth pattern.
Laser hair removal is not permanent.
You’ll notice that laser hair removal is not permanent. This means it will be necessary to go back for touch-ups and maintenance regularly, which can cost you time, money, and discomfort depending on the frequency of your visits.
The good news is that results are usually visible after just one session, but sometimes more sessions are needed before you see the results you want. Also, remember that you can shave again two weeks after treatment.
Laser hair removal hurts less than you think, but it can still be painful.
Laser hair removal is not painless, but it’s not as painful as waxing. Getting your legs waxed or going to the dermatologist for electrolysis can be long and painful. However, laser hair removal does hurt less than electrolysis or tweezing.
While you may feel discomfort during your treatment sessions, it will be much less intense than what you’re used to with other methods of removing unwanted body hair.
Laser hair removal is pricey but protects your skin in the long run.
Laser hair removal is pricey, especially if you’re going to do your legs or back. But it’s worth it! You pay a one-time cost and get years of smooth skin without the hassle of shaving or waxing. And when you look at how much money you’d spend on razors, shaving cream, and aftershave over time, laser hair removal will save you serious cash down the road.
All that said, laser hair removal can hurt like hell and leave some patches of skin with discoloration (though not as much as waxing). So remember that even though it may seem tempting to try out every new beauty trend or fad for your body, only choose those methods whose benefits outweigh their potential drawbacks.
You’ll need multiple laser hair-removal sessions for the best results.
The more laser hair-removal sessions you have, the better the results will be. How many sessions are dependent on several factors: your skin type, the area being treated, and how fast your hair grows.
- Your skin type—If you have darker skin or are prone to scarring from laser hair removal, multiple treatments are necessary. This is because darker skin can absorb more energy than lighter skin types. It may take longer for lightened hairs to fall out and regrow (if they grow back at all). As a result, these hairs need additional treatment time and energy input to achieve optimal results.
- The area being treated—The time between treatments depends on where you’re getting your laser treatment done and what kind of laser is used. If an area has thicker hair growth cycles than others (like legs), this area will likely require multiple sessions so that enough heat can be applied in one sitting without burning through too much power before needing rest time between sessions.”
Book early appointments — at least four weeks after your cycle starts — if you have hormonal acne or are prone to ingrown hairs.
If you’re prone to acne or ingrown hairs, it’s a good idea to book your appointment at least four weeks after the start of your cycle. That way, any inflammation and redness caused by laser treatment won’t be exacerbated by hormonal changes in your body.
The same goes for people with sensitive skin who may bruise easily and experience itching — these side effects are more likely if they’ve had recent chemical peels or waxing done on their area. If you’ve had current cosmetic procedures done as well, we recommend waiting until everything has healed before getting laser hair removal done.
If you have a lot of dark hair growth in one area (say, around the bikini line), it can sometimes cause bruising on the skin that lasts several days after treatment. That’s why we recommend booking an appointment with us at least four weeks after any cosmetic procedure involving lasers so that dark pigmentation doesn’t appear under our lasers and make things look worse!
You will experience some temporary side effects due to the laser treatment.
- You will experience some temporary side effects due to the laser treatment.
- Laser hair removal is only for some. Talk with your doctor if you’re pregnant or nursing and want to undergo laser hair removal. They can help determine whether it’s safe for you to do so.
- It is also important for individuals with skin conditions such as rosacea or melasma (brown spots on the face) and those who take certain medications (such as birth control pills) that might interfere with their ability to tolerate treatments effectively.
It’s vital to follow post-laser care instructions.
Once your laser treatment is over, follow the post-treatment instructions given to you by your provider. These will differ depending on whether or not you received a chemical peel. If you have any questions about what’s safe and not safe to do after your treatment, ask.
You may also be asked to use prescribed topical medication following the procedure. There are three common types:
- Antibiotics/antiseptics (for example, silver sulfadiazine)
- Pain relievers (for example, Tylenol)
- Antifungals (for example, miconazole nitrate).
Looking for a great way to get rid of unwanted hair?
Look no further! Cherry Medical Aesthetics can help you with laser hair removal services. We use state-of-the-art technology and highly trained staff to ensure our clients get the most effective, comfortable treatment possible. Our treatments are customized for each client’s needs, so you can feel confident that your experience will be tailored specifically for you.
We understand how important it is to feel comfortable in your skin, and we want to help you achieve that confidence. We’ve got you covered, whether it’s your legs, underarms, chest, or face.